Frequently asked questions
There are two licensing options for buying BlueSky Statistics – an authorised user license or a concurrent user license. If you have an authorised user license it means that one named individual can use the software and the license is tied to an installation on a specific computer. If you have a concurrent user license then you can install the software on as many computers as are connected to your local area network and a BlueSky central license manager (installed on a network server) will monitor the number of simultaneous users ensuring that the total number allowed is not exceeded. If you have an academic department license then up to 150 people can use the software and if you have an academic site license there is no limit.
If you have a commercial license for BlueSky and you need to install the software on a new PC (because you have changed or upgraded your computer) then our support team can enable you to do this – please contact email@example.com.
License keys are sold as a one year subscription so your license will expire one year from the day of purchase, with the exception of the student edition which expires after 6 months, and the free trial version which expires after 30 days.
Once your current license has expired you will need to purchase an appropriate license or renew your license. Smart Vision Europe Ltd will already have contacted you to help you figure out how best to proceed.
- Windows 7 or higher recommended
- Dot Net 4 or higher
- R 3.1.1 32bit (64 bit support will be available soon)
- some R packages ()
- Windows PC x86 architecture.
You can find more detail on the system requirements here.
To activate your product, you need to do the following
- Install BlueSky application (trial version)
- Purchase license key from www.blueskystatistics.co.uk
- You’ll receive email confirmation and a license code as soon as your payment has cleared
- Open BlueSky main application and go to “Help” menu. Click “Licensing”.
- A window will appear. Follow the instructions provided in that window.
- If you have any problems please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will be on hand to help you out.